Cosmetic dentistry is a dental procedure that can improve the appearance of a person’s teeth. The activities mainly focus on cosmetics or esthetics and are performed by professionals and experienced individuals who specialize in this field. Cosmetic dentists can make you smile more pleasing and can create a very attractive teeth. Some of the procedures involve in cosmetic dentistry can even create a youthful appearance. The modern equipment which is used by the dentist during the procedure can restore the durability of a person’s teeth in a quick and simple way. After the procedure the patient is advised to maintain dental hygiene such as regular flossing and brushing of the teeth.
Procedures Involved To Get Your Pleasing Smile Back
- Composite Bonding – This procedure is done to improve and restore the appearance of broken, discolored, decayed, chipped or broken teeth. Cosmetic dentists will put a composite material inside the cavity if you have decayed teeth or on the surface if your teeth are discolored. These materials resemble a dentin and enamel making it appears like the normal color of your teeth. The dentist will then sculpts the repaired tooth, reshape it accordingly and with the use of a special light with high intensity, he will contour and harden it. The restoration will not be distinguishable as it will blend with your natural teeth structure.
- Dental Veneers – is another procedure in cosmetic dentistry that will help conceal cracks and chips in your teeth. Porcelain shells or composites are often used to hide stains in your tooth that are impossible to remove to improve your smile and appearance. Veneers that are made of porcelain are considered the most expensive types. These are used to hide the spaces in between teeth and when you need to brush regularly, these materials which are bonded together using a strong adhesive will not be affected.
- Inlays or Onlays – This is a direct filling procedure that uses porcelain to restore damaged or decayed teeth. Cosmetic dentists usually fabricate them in their special dental laboratory and put them together with adhesives.
- Teeth Whitening – This is the proper procedure used by dentist when teeth are discolored due to poor dental hygiene, foods, drinks and smoking. They make use of a special bleaching liquid to remove the stains present in your teeth to restore their natural color.
- Dental implants – This is the best procedure used if you want to replace your lost tooth. There is a special process used when doing this method which is called prosthetic dentistry. It can improve the whole person’s appearance as it restores the collapsed face because of the gaps between a tooth and a lost tooth. After the healing process is finished you may floss and do your regular brushing and maintain proper dental hygiene.
- Braces – This is naturally considered as orthodontic but still a part of cosmetic dentistry. They are traditionally made of wires and metals used to align the teeth to improve a person’s eating or speaking. These braces will pull the teeth so that it will stay on its proper position. There is a new method of straightening your teeth that dentists use initially which allows teeth to move perfectly on its proper location over time.
If you want to improve your appearance and gain back the beauty of your smile, make an appointment with a cosmetic industry in our area. Check for the available services that they offer which you can afford. With your consultation, you will be able to estimate the cost of the entire operation and prepare everything you need for the process.