It is one of the most alarming and degenerative diseases in the liver. Usually, the damage is not repairable, and it leads to infections and diseases. There is not a single method to cure the disease, but we can prevent and keep it under control. Many patients undergo allopathic treatment for good health; the natural remedies complement the treatment and medicines besides ensuring a speedy recovery.
Cirrhosis causes damage to the tissues that get replaced by scar or damaged tissue and thereby the liver stops functioning. When the liver and the body try to repair the swollen tissue, it leads to the production of nodules in the body. The above steps lead to loss of proper functioning of the river.
Top 10 Effective Home Remedies for Cirrhosis
1. Papaya Seeds
- Crush the papaya seeds to extract the juice.
- Mix one tablespoon of the juice with two tablespoons of lemon juice and have it twice a day for strengthening the liver.
2. Treat with yogurt, cumin & buttermilk
- Add two tablespoons of cumin seeds powder and two tablespoons of plain yogurt in two cups of water and drink it.
- Add salt to good taste.
- Take it twice a day for maintaining healthy levels of bacteria in the system, reducing stomach ache and help in digestion.
3. Use lime soda
- Squeeze a lemon in a glass of water and add salt.
- Take it three times a day. It’s better to avoid sugar as it is tough to digest with an affected liver.
The laxative property of lemon is helpful for digestion.
4. Consume spinach & carrots
Carrots and spinach are rich in beta-carotene and iron.
- Wash few carrots and spinach leaves and grind them to a delicate taste.
- Strain the mixture with the help of a fine sieve.
- Consume the juice to get relief from various symptoms and provide essential nutrients to the body.
The katuki herb is available in the Himalayas which is highly beneficial for cirrhosis patients. Consume the roots to keep the liver fit and improve digestion.
6. Milk thistle
It contains silymarin which is an antioxidant useful for reducing the liver damage and depletion of the liver cells. Crush a few thistle seeds and boil them in water until the goodness of thistle mix with the water. Drink the lukewarm water to keep the liver healthy.
7. Apple cider vinegar
It improves fat metabolism and acts as functional detoxifying agent.
- Add one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar, one teaspoon of honey in a glass of water.
- Consume the mixture thrice a day for a string liver.
As gooseberry or amla is rich in vitamin C, consume it for the proper functioning of the liver.
- Grate the seeds from the core of the fruit.
- Consume the seeds with curd or salad.
Chewing the amla seed releases the juice in the mouth for faster assimilation of vitamin C in the body.
Turmeric is a source of anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and antioxidant properties which is helpful for curing liver cirrhosis.
- Add a spoon of turmeric in a glass of hot milk with little honey to remove the radicals from the body before they cause any damage to the body.
10. Flax seeds
It reduces the load on the suffering liver as they are rich in phytonutrients to prevent unwanted and excess hormones from circulating in the blood.
- Add the roasted flax seeds in salads and sandwiches or use in shakes and smoothies every day.
- Take the roasted seeds early morning on an empty stomach for better results.