Beautiful skin is a significant element that determines a person’s beauty. Each of us desires a glowing skin as healthy skin makes a strong personality and one feels beautiful. A person’s skin is fragile and due to lack of proper diet, hectic lifestyles, harmful sun rays, excessive drinking and smoking, pollution, etc. can become dry and dull. These are everyday problems and one can bring radiance to the skin by using some homemade treatments which are the best substitute for cosmetic products.
Top 18 Effective Home Remedies for Glowing Skin
- Mix four tablespoons of gram flour and one teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Add enough water or milk to get a paste.
- Apply the paste on the neck and face.
- Leave it for twenty minutes and clean the area with plain water.
- Do it one or two times in a week.
Cucurmin in turmeric contains potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties which combats harmful free radicals from damaging the skin. The collagen produced in turmeric keeps the skin glowing and supple. Gram flour makes the skin appear bright.
2. Coconut oil
- Lightly warm a few drops of virgin coconut oil and apply it on the neck and face.
- Massage for some time in gentle circular motions before going to sleep
- Add some powdered sugar to the oil one or two times in a week for exfoliating the skin.
Those who have dull and dry skin must use this remedy. The phenolic compounds have an antioxidant property which gives a radiant skin and nourishes with essential fatty acids.
3. Aloe Vera
- Make a mixture by adding one teaspoon of milk, a pinch of turmeric, one tablespoon of aloe vera gel and one teaspoon of honey.
- Apply the mixture on the neck and face & Keep it for twenty minutes and rinse with warm water.
- Apply the face pack two times a week as the healing and nourishing properties of aloe vera gel helps in rejuvenating the skin.
4. Baking Soda
- Make a face pack with a teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil, half teaspoon honey and one teaspoon baking soda.
- Apply to wet neck and face using gentle circular motions.
- Keep it for ten minutes and then rinse it with cold water and moisturize.
- Apply the face pack once in a week as Baking soda helps in neutralizing the pH of the skin and exfoliates dead skin cells thereby soothes the skin.
- Make a mix by adding a tablespoon each of sugar and lime juice and apply the mix on the face.
- Scrub with gentle circular motion in a clockwise direction and leave it for fifteen minutes.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water and repeat the process two times a week.
The sugar granules remove dead cells and lemon juice helps to remove tan and bleaches the skin.
- Make a fine face pack by adding one teaspoon honey, some small pieces of papaya and one teaspoon of Multani mitti or sandalwood powder.
- Apply the pack to the neck and face and leave it for twenty minutes followed by rinsing with cold water.
- Do it once a week.
Multani mitti absorbs the extra oil from the skin and makes the skin supple and soft. Papain present in ripe papaya removes the top layer of dead cells from the face and gives a glowing skin. Honey also acts as a natural moisturizer which helps in hydrating the skin and eliminating the blemishes.
- Grate one small cucumber and add three tablespoons of yogurt in it.
- Beat the mixture thoroughly and apply the pack to the neck and face.
- Let it dry and wash with cold water and do it once for every four days.
The antioxidants in cucumber rejuvenate and replenish the dull skin. It also reduces swelling and improves the texture of the skin.
- Massage the damp skin with honey for some time.
- Leave it for five minutes and then wash the honey with warm water.
- Apply honey for three to four times in a week.
The hygroscopic and antimicrobial properties make the skin healthy and soft.
- Make a fine powder of one-fourth cup rice, one cup of chickpea flour (besan) or split red lentils (masoor dal) and nine to ten almonds.
- Add a pinch of turmeric and a half bowl of oatmeal in this powder.
- Then add rose water or plain water to prepare a smooth paste.
- Apply the face pack on the neck and face in gentle circular motion.
- Let it dry and rinse with plain water.
Use this Ubtan once in ten days. Ubtan is a face pack for glowing skin that has been used for generations. Turmeric removes the blemishes from the skin and almonds nourish the skin with essential oils. The coarseness of oatmeal, lentils and rice removes the dead cells from the skin.
10. Olive oil
- Take a few drops of olive oil on the fingertips and apply on the neck and face.
- Massage in clockwise circular motion for three to four minutes.
- Dip a small towel in lukewarm water and remove the extra water and place the towel on the face for one minute.
- Again dip the towel in lukewarm water and gently wipe the oil.
- Dry the skin with a paper cloth and do it daily before sleep.
The polyphenols and flavonoids present in olive oil moisturize the skin and protects against free radicals thereby making the skin glow and stay healthy.
11. Green tea
- Boil one tablespoon green tea leaves in a cup of water.
- When the leaves impart color, stop boiling and cool it.
- Take two tablespoons and put in a bowl.
- Add one teaspoon cream and two teaspoons brown sugar in this bowel.
- Mix thoroughly and apply this on the face and scrub in circular motions.
- After fifteen minutes, wash with cold water.
Apply the mixture one or two times a week. The leaves contain flavonoids that maintain the collagen production in the skin and have the anti-aging property that maintains the elasticity.
12. Cod Liver Oil
- Extract the oil from the liver oil capsules and apply on the neck and face.
- Massage for two minutes and leave it for fifteen minutes.
- Rinse with plain water and apply the oil once on a daily basis.
The oil is rich in EPA, vitamin D & E, DHA, and omega-3 fatty acids which helps to repair damaged cells and nourishes the skin.
- Refrigerate the rose water for thirty minutes.
- Take a cotton ball and dip in the cold rose water and apply on the neck and face.
- Do this once in the morning and once at night on a daily basis.
Rose water acts as a skin toner thereby refreshing and cleansing the skin. It stimulates blood circulation and brightens the skin tone.
14. Carrot Juice
- Chop four to six carrots and peel small ginger and make a juice of it.
- Add some water to the juice to get the proper consistency.
- Drink it every alternate day in the morning.
Carrots contain vitamin A and beta-carotene which improves the texture of the skin and cleanses the body from radicals.
15. Bitter-Gourd Juice
- Peel three bitter gourds and remove the seeds.
- Wash the karela thoroughly and cut small pieces.
- Add one tablespoon lime juice and blend it.
- Add a pinch of black pepper and salt to taste.
- Blend it again and drink the juice every day.
Bitter-gourd helps to purify the blood thereby eliminates all infections. It aids in digestion and makes the skin glow.
16. Orange Juice
- Make a juice of four oranges and add a pinch of black pepper along with salt to taste.
- Drink one glass every day.
Vitamin C present in orange detoxifies the body and gives glowing skin.
- Soak few strands of saffron in one tablespoon of honey for few minutes.
- Apply the honey on the neck and face.
- Rinse the area after fifteen minutes and do it four times a week.
Saffron has been used for ages to get healthy skin. The antioxidants protect the skin from sun damage.
- Make a homogenous paste by adding one teaspoon besan, two teaspoons milk and one teaspoon honey.
- Apply on the face and leave for half an hour.
- Let the face pack dry and rinse with lukewarm water.
- Apply the face pack two times a week.
Raw milk contains vitamin C, protein, saturated fat and calcium which provide a radiant skin. Honey is famous for its antibacterial and moisturizing properties.