Vaginitis is a general term for inflammation of the vulva and vagina. The primary types of vaginitis are yeast infections, vaginal atrophy, bacterial vaginosis, and trichomoniasis.
- Staying in unhygienic conditions
- Douches, lubricants & feminine hygiene products
- Yeast infections
- Bacterial infections
- Wearing damp or tight fitting clothes
- Hormonal changes
- STDs like chlamydia, gonorrhea, & herpes
- Itching & Burning during sex
- White discharge
- Red and swollen Labia
- Yellow-green discharge
Top 7 Useful Home Remedies for curing Vaginitis
1. Garlic clove
It is widely used as a natural healing remedy for various conditions. The mild antiseptic and antibacterial properties of garlic are beneficial. It also combats bacterial and yeast infections that cause vaginitis.
- Mix four to five drops of garlic oil, half teaspoon of coconut oil and a half teaspoon of vitamin E oil.
- Apply the solution on the affected part two times a day for a month.
- One can add garlic in meals or eat three to four cloves daily.
- Alternately one can consume 300 mg of garlic supplements for a few days. It is best to consult a doctor before taking any supplements.
The soothing and relaxing nature of the herb reduces the burning sensations, swelling, itching, and pain in the vagina.
- Put one chamomile tea bag in a cup of boiling water and let it steep for ten minutes.
- After that, refrigerate the tea bag for ten to fifteen minutes.
- Hold it inside the vagina to get a soothing effect.
- Repeat the process one or two times on a daily basis until the inflammations get cured.
It is helpful in destroying the harmful bacteria due to its probiotics. It maintains the pH balance.
- Mix some yogurt in a tampon and put it in the vagina for three to four hours.
- Repeat the process two times daily until the vaginitis symptoms disappear.
- One can also add plain yogurt to the diet.
4. Apple Cider vinegar
The acidic property in vinegar regulates the pH level of the vagina. It also combats yeast and bacterial infections.
- Mix little raw honey and two tablespoons of unfiltered and raw vinegar in a glass of lukewarm water. Stir the solution thoroughly and drink twice daily.
- Another way is to add two tablespoons of unfiltered and raw vinegar in a glass of warm water. Wash the vagina with this solution two times a day for two weeks.
5. Tea Tree oil
The antibacterial and antifungal compounds in the oil provide relief from vaginitis symptoms and treat various infections. It is an excellent remedy to fight against vaginal odor.
- Add five drops of tea tree oil in a cup of lukewarm water.
- Stir the liquid and rinse the vagina.
- Repeat the process once daily for a few days.
A pregnant woman must avoid this remedy.
6. Hydrogen Peroxide
It controls the growth of harmful bacteria in the vagina. Hydrogen peroxide has a natural disinfecting agent which reduces pain, inflammation, and itching.
- Mix 3% hydrogen peroxide and water in equal quantities.
- Wash the vagina with this solution and rinse with cold water after ten to fifteen minutes.
- Do it once or twice a day for few weeks.
7. Boric acid
The antiseptic and antifungal properties provide relief from irritation, pain, and itchiness. It is also helpful for cleansing the vagina and maintaining the pH balance.
- Add some boric acid powder in an empty gel capsule.
- Insert the capsule into the vagina before going to sleep.
- In the next morning thoroughly wash the area with lukewarm water.
- Repeat the steps once or twice in a week.
A pregnant woman must avoid the above remedy.